Texas BBQ Sauce: How to Make it?
January 11, 2015
Wondering how to make the best BBQ sauce that oozes everything Texas to go along your smoked meats? You’ve come to the right place. We’re presenting to you a quick, neat and easy way to make the best BBQ sauce at home to add great flavor to your grills and meats.
Total Time Taken: 55 minutes (10 minutes for preparation, 45 minutes to cook)
Yield: 2.5 cups
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 bacon slices that should be chopped
- ½ cup onions (finely diced)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
Utensils and Devices:
- 1 medium pot
- Plate covered with paper towel
Directions to Cook:
- Take the medium pot. Cook the bacon over it in a medium to low heat for approximately eight to ten minutes. The bacon would then get crispy.
- Take it out and put it over a plate lines with a paper towel to drain it. You can eat the bacon as a snack (what must feel better while cooking?).
- In the medium pot which has the bacon grease, you should then add the finely diced onions, again over medium to low heat. In about six to eight minutes, the onions would start to caramelize.
- To this, add the minced garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Pour in the tomato paste from the can and keep stirring continuously for another three minutes to form a paste.
- Use the whisk to add the beef stock.
- Alongside, keep whisking brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
- Bring the heat to a simmer as you whisk.
- You should cook the paste until it gets thickened which should take about fifteen to twenty more minutes.
Once it has been cooked, let the sauce cool down to room temperature by letting it be (do not refrigerate). Use your homemade BBQ sauce any which way you like, but we suggest over briskets and beef ribs.
You can obviously add any sort of garnishing that you feel is necessary to enhance the flavor, according to personal choice. For those unsatisfied with this recipe, here’s another with a quick glance:
Total Time Taken: 1 Hour (15 minutes for preparation, 45 minutes to cook)
- 2 garlics (minced)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions to Cook:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan and add onion and garlic to it. Stir for 5 minutes till it appears tender.
- Pour in the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon slices and juice, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, and add the brown sugar, molasses, ketchup.
- Garnish it with salt, red pepper flakes, mustard, cumin, paprika.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove lemon slices before using over your smoked meats.
Hope this recipe brings you an exquisite taste. Have a happy time making the best BBQ sauce at home!